[mythtv-users] Watch TV 0.24: frontend hang with "waiting 10 ms for decoder lock"

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 00:45:01 UTC 2011

On 5 April 2011 08:19, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
> Hi Mark!
>
> On a possibly related issue.. ever since about the timeframe of your
> decoder fixes, I've got mythfrontend::VDPAU mysteriously crashing/exiting
> during playback of mkv files ("Great British Railway Journeys Series 2 720p").
>
> It generally crashes within the first 60seconds of playback, or not at all.
> Dunno why yet, and it's not consistent enough for easy git bisect.
>
> So for now, I've recheckpointed my build to just prior to your decoder
> locking fixes.  I'll let know you in a week or two how things are going
> with that.

Thanks Mark - given that I'm not seeing these crashes (and to my
knowledge, nobody else has reported it), it would be more useful if
you could get a full backtrace from one of the crashes. Narrowing down
the commit that broke things is helpful but the backtrace should point
the finger directly:)

regards

Mark