[mythtv-users] HDHomerun and 0.24

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Apr 5 06:06:45 UTC 2011

On 4/5/2011 01:31, Ian Evans wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Ian Evans<dheianevans at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> After upgrading to .24 my HDHR system's having problems with multiple
>> recordings too. Anything I should be doing besides deleting the cards
>> and starting over?
> Egads...just deleted the HDHomerun from .24 and reinstalled it.
> Problem became worse. We're currently taping WGRZ 2.1. Going to Watch
> TV takes me to the recording in progress and I can only change
> channels to the sub channels 2.2 and 2.3.

That's because you have multiple virtual tuners defined for the first
input on the HDHR.  The scheduled recording took the first virtual
tuner, and your live tv session took the second.  Since there are
multiple recordings occurring on a single tuner, that tuner remains
locked to that multiplex.  You have to either manually switch inputs, or
you have to tell the frontend to 'avoid conflicts with recordings', at
which point it would pull the first available tuner starting from the
bottom of the list instead of the top.