[mythtv-users] Mythdroid?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:38:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Norm Dressler <mlists at dressler.ca> wrote:

> On 04/05/2011 09:29 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Norm Dressler<mlists at dressler.ca>
>  wrote:
> >> Does anyone know whether Mythdroid works with 0.24?  Is it still being
> >> developed?
> >>
> >> I'm running an Archos 101 tablet with Android 2.2 and can stream my
> >> videos and recordings easily enough with the built-in video player and
> >> uPnP but a number of the other features like receiving the 'LCD' type
> >> info and guide to my tablet seems intriguing.
> > It works for me... mostly. Sometimes once I have a recording playing
> > and try to change recordings it doesn't quite get it right and dumps
> > me back to the recordings menu. Telling it to play the recording again
> > usually works.
> >
> > Richard
>
> Does all of the features work for you like the LCD status information,
> etc?  I quickly installed it and haven't had time to troubleshoot yet
> but good to know its still working -

It works for me but is a bit buggy. I can see the list of recordings etc on
my Evo, but I can't see the list of videos. Streaming to the phone just
doesn't work. Sometimes the phone app will crash and then I can't connect to
my FE with mythdroid or even switching to mythmote unless I wait a few
minutes. There's a Mythdroid mailing list out there and to be honest, I
haven't researched any of these issues.