[mythtv-users] Mythdroid?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 14:43:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Norm Dressler <mlists at dressler.ca> wrote:
>>
>> On 04/05/2011 09:29 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:

>> > It works for me... mostly. Sometimes once I have a recording playing
>> > and try to change recordings it doesn't quite get it right and dumps
>> > me back to the recordings menu. Telling it to play the recording again
>> > usually works.
>> >
>> > Richard
>>
>> Does all of the features work for you like the LCD status information,
>> etc?  I quickly installed it and haven't had time to troubleshoot yet
>> but good to know its still working -
>>

> It works for me but is a bit buggy. I can see the list of recordings etc on
> my Evo, but I can't see the list of videos. Streaming to the phone just
> doesn't work. Sometimes the phone app will crash and then I can't connect to
> my FE with mythdroid or even switching to mythmote unless I wait a few
> minutes. There's a Mythdroid mailing list out there and to be honest, I
> haven't researched any of these issues.

I don't know if streaming is really expected to work. Let me explain
what I mean by that.

Higher end android devices may be able to handle SD content even if it
is not in a format that is "accelerated". However, I'm not even sure
that my little 600MHz phone could even do that.

I've tried using VLC Stream & Convert with limited success (it's very
hackish) but what I would love to see is something like AirVideo for
myth where it would re-encode on demand to the right resolution and
format.

Thanks,
Richard