[mythtv-users] Anybody using analog "soft encoder" tuners under 0.24 ?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Apr 5 20:58:33 UTC 2011

Are you running mythtv-0.24?
Are you still using an old-school analog card with software encoding?
Does it successfully and reliably change channels on request in LiveTV ?

This used to work for me here, back on mythtv-0.22 and an older system install,
but now changing LiveTV channels gets hung up, eventually times out,
and either kills mythfrontend completely or bops me back to the menu.

So.. I'm wondering if it actually still works at all for anyone else?

I am trying this with a PVR-250 card, in a pure OTA/NTSC setup.

Nor does my (hardware encoder) ConvertX tuner.

The only working analog tuner I have is the ultra-reliable standby: PVR-250
which is a hardware encoding card.  Though even this one does crash the front-end
from time to time during LiveTV channel changes.

Just looking for clues before I spend time fixing this.

Thanks
-ml