[mythtv-users] Sky HD in Switzerland (Eutelsat 13.0 & Astra 19.2)

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Apr 5 21:27:20 UTC 2011

On 05/04/2011, Josu Lazkano<josu.lazkano at gmail.com>  wrote:

> Hello Ramon, I know that this will terrible for some users, but I have
> a Tevii S470 DVB-S2 PCIe with SASC-NG and it works great
As mentioned, this is a forbidden topic.  That means no talking about
it, period.  Don't try to have a discussion an how to use it.  Don't
bring up a hypothetical discussion on its merits.  Don't bring it up to
say we don't allow discussion.  Don't bring it up to say it works in
this situation, but needs to be discussed elsewhere.  We support
hardware CAMs slotted into physical tuners, and that's it.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Anything_else_I_should_be_aware_of.3F

On 4/5/2011 16:51, Another Sillyname wrote:
> Please refrain from discussions of accessing encrypted systems on the
> mailing list, it can cause any developers based in the States and the
> list hoster legal issues and as a result is actively discouraged.

We support accessing encrypted TV when done properly, which means
decrypted through a STB, or decrypted through a hardware CAM.  If your
provider supports either of those solutions, great!  We cannot support
software implementations of this, as that same software implementation
would allow one to use someone else's access keys, or even completely
fabricated ones, just as well as their own.

While your intentions may be completely honorable, only intending to
access those channels which you have legitimately subscribed to, rest
assured that you exist in the overwhelming minority or users of such
software.  The vast majority simply use it to access paytv for free.
This is why a hardline stance on the topic must be taken, and enforced
by this project.

This is now three times in the past week that this topic has either been
brought up directly, or coyly referred to.  This is not something we
will budge on, assist with, or listen to any argument for.  Please stop
all discussion of such, or we will have to start dropping users from the
list.