[mythtv-users] .24 Watch TV goes to recording channel and won't let me change channels though tuners are free

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Wed Apr 6 13:12:53 UTC 2011

On 11-04-06 04:19 AM, Thomas Pontoppidan wrote:

> 2011/4/5 Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com <mailto:dheianevans at gmail.com>>
>
>     I have my frontend set to tune to the lowest channel when I hit Watch
>     TV. In my case, that's 2.
>
>     Since upgrading to .24 yesterday, when I go to Watch TV when a
>     recording is in progress, it starts displaying the channel with the
>     recording and won't let me change channels at all even though tuners
>     are free.
>
> Sounds like you haven't got the "avoid conflicts with live tv" setting
> activated? Did you check in system info if the free tuners are reported as
> available?

I don't have that checked here, and it still lets me change channels
to other tuners from the one that's recording.

I wonder if perhaps he doesn't have the "browse all channels" thing
fully configured.  Getting that working is not exactly intuitive,
and the settings required (3, I think) are spread out through
the GUI.

Cheers