[mythtv-users] Hardware Purchase

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Apr 6 13:25:30 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 10:56:24AM -0400, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-04-05 10:46 AM, George Nassas wrote:
> > On 2011-04-05, at 9:51 AM, Mark Lord wrote:

[deletia]

> This confused the heck out of me, because "most people" say the HDHR is excellent.
>
> Then I got a cheap digital TV from Costco, and it could tune the PBS DTV station,
> but with some pixelation.  Encouraged by that, I took a chance on an HVR-950Q

   I have had expensive TVs with tuners far inferior to the HDHR.

   It's hard to predict how this stuff will work out in practice.

[deletia]

   For OTA equipment in general first and foremost you should buy your equipment
from a vendor that has a liberal return policy. You will likely use it. I have
taken advantage of this sort of thing myself.