[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Apr 6 13:51:17 UTC 2011

On 11-04-06 09:14 AM, Mark Lord wrote:

> I cannot help you figure out the issue (doesn't happen here),
> but I can help you with code to detect and recover from it.
> Like.. supplying a C-program to do just that.

Well, the recovery is contextual though.  In some instances, the above
results in recordings that were under way (and this only seems to happen
when recordings are under way, not when otherwise idle or when just
watching recordings) and in others even recordings are not working.

In the latter, of course an immediate backend restart is necessary.  In
the former case however, so long as no frontends want to connect, it's
better just to leave it to finish the recordings and restart it when
they are done, or if frontends want to connect and it's acceptable, wait
until the next "break" (i.e. top of the hour, etc.) between recordings
and sneak a restart in there.  Or sometimes it's just not acceptable to
wait and just restart, interrupting in-progress recordings, which of
course, start recording again, in a new file once restarted.

b.