[mythtv-users] Anybody using analog "soft encoder" tuners under 0.24 ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 6 16:35:24 UTC 2011

On 04/05/2011 05:52 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-04-05 05:39 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
>> The frontend appears to be the part having great difficulties,
> ..
>
> Mmmm.. I ran it again, and snuck in the backdoor to have a look
> at the actual recording file (.nuv).  It continues to grow as
> the frontend sits there stuck (before it crashes/quits).
>
> So I made a copy of the .nuv file, putting it into the videos/ dir.
> Then later, tried to play the copy with mythvideo,
> and it's definitely messed up.
>
> MMmm.. that's a clue, I guess.

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9178
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9177
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8833

and one we haven't figured out, but that no one can reproduce, so we
hoped it was fixed by another change:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8076

software encoding code definitely doesn't get a lot of testing, anymore,
since hardware encoders are generally easier, better, and no longer
expensive, but figured I'd send these your way in case any of them might
help.

There are many other NUV-related tickets on the tracker, which could
also be related (and/or fixed only in unstable), but these looked the
most interesting for your symptoms.

Mike