[mythtv-users] MythArchive in 0.24: Sorting broken in 'Select Recordings'

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 6 18:57:08 UTC 2011

On 04/06/2011 01:21 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> OK Mike.  I'm glad this has resurfaced and is (nearly) fixed.  Will it
> get to 0.24-fixes soonish?  And I remember that a few months ago you
> explained how 'And' and 'The' were treated in the recordings list.
> Could that be included too, for consistency, as I asked (without patch)
> in the ticket?

That particular change ( e965e4bab ) required a protocol version change,
so it can't go into the -fixes branch.  It /might/ be possible to
backport an earlier version of the change (that simply restored old
functionality--whereas e965e4bab added new functionality) that would
also fix the problem ( https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8992b86d8
), but since it also contains a binary version change, I probably won't
be able to do so unless/until we do a 0.24.1 release.  :(

Another possibility may be to hard-code the sorting into 0.24-fixes, but
it may slow down parts of MythTV (such as Watch Recordings--which does
its own sorting, and, therefore, doesn't need a sorted list--though the
slow down /should/ be minimal with a properly-configured MySQL server,
and, really, no worse than it used to be in 0.23-fixes and below).  I'll
have to discuss this with the other developers to get approval.

If anyone wants to try the hard-coded approach, patch is attached.

Mike