[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Modify mythweb flash streaming for an in progress recording (Formula 1)

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Wed Apr 6 20:39:25 UTC 2011

> David, give "tail -f" a try instead of "cat", something like this:
>
> tail -f /path/to/some/in/progress/recording.mpg | ffmpeg -the -right -options

I have been using ffserver on a different box to get a live stream on my
IPod (works great) However, i would like to keep everything on one box.
How would you satisfy the input file for ffmpeg using:

tail -f /path/to/some/in/progress/recording.mpg | ffmpeg -the -right -options

ffserver works to play the existing live.mpg file, but will not continue to play the file as it grows.

believed to be clean.