[mythtv-users] Can an Atom D525 handle a frontend and a slave backend with dual ota hd tuners?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Thu Apr 7 13:17:23 UTC 2011

On 11-04-07 09:07 AM, Marc Sherman wrote:
> On 4/7/2011 8:38 AM, Mark Lord wrote:
>> On 11-04-06 11:34 PM, Marc Sherman wrote:
>>> Can an Atom D525 handle a frontend and a slave backend with dual ota hd tuners?
>>
>> I have a Zotac HD-ID11 as my "test" system for mythtv.
>> It runs 0.24 combo front/back/mysql ends, with commflag
>> and full VDPAU Advanced 2X playback just fine with a
>> single HVR-950Q tuner for DTV.
>
> Ah, that's great news. I'd be offloading the commflag to the master backend in
> the basement, and I'm guessing that the commflag load is much heavier than the
> second recording would be.

Yeah, the recording load is about zero,
and commflag is indeed the big heavy CPU buster.

> One more question about the 950Q -- are you using the IR input from that? Does
> it work well with lirc? I'm currently using the HDHR to drive IR for my upstairs
> frontend, so I'd need to switch to the 950Q's if I want to get rid of it.

I've never tried to get the IR working from the 950Q,
not least because it's usually stuffed out of sight
behind the machine.  :)

I use a self-made FTDI universal receiver for IR on that box,
though any MCE IR receiver should work too (I have one of those
here too to play with, but haven't done much with it yet).

>> I haven't tried it with two recordings at once from separate tuners,
>> but I could (later) if that would be useful.
>> I have two 950Q tuners on hand.
>
> Sure, if you don't mind throwing a second one on there and trying it out, I'd
> appreciate the info. Thanks!

Okay, will do later, probably tonight.