[mythtv-users] mythweb NO DATA with HDHR

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Thu Apr 7 19:55:00 UTC 2011

On 11-04-07 03:50 PM, bhaskins wrote:

> I'm really dreading the release of ubuntu 11 this month.
> For me both versions of 9 were rock solid, 10 has been all pain, no gain.
> Sadly, late versions of Fedora seem to have the same problems.

10.10 was a lot of pain for me too, upgrading from 8.04 (I think).
Necessary pain, though, to get recent enough libs etc.. so that mythtv-0.24
would build and install.

Next time I'll just go pure debian for mythtv, and hopefully avoid "upstart".
I like the idea of "upstart", but in the current state / 10.10 it was
responsible for 90% of the pain.

Meanwhile, though, we cloned my rootfs for a buddy's system,
and it saved him most of the fuss.

Cheers