[mythtv-users] mytharchive problems after upgrading to 0.24.

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Apr 8 16:35:28 UTC 2011

On 07/04/11 02:46, John Drescher wrote:
>> I switched themes to Compact and got a DVD. The dvd was somehow a lot
>> smaller than expected but it looks like for some reason the cutlist is
>> inverted. I mean I got only the commercials instead if the program. I
>> guess the advertisers would be happy...
>>

> I believe this problem is the following bug:
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9389
>
> John

Yes, that's it.  Apologies.  I should have mentioned it in the earlier
thread.  But the ticket isn't just a bug report; it includes a drop-in
replacement for use in 0.24 for the cutlist translator routine in
mythburn.py.  I usually cut before entering MythArchive, using the same
logic in the mythcutprojectx script, but I have used the modified
internal version with success.  I'm afraid I don't know why the broken
version hasn't yet been dropped.  Maintainability ought to be better if
a new version was eventually based on mythcommflag --getcutlist instead
of addressing the db directly, but I kept as close as I could to the
existing code.

Cheers,

John P