[mythtv-users] trandcoding messes up 6 channel audio slow audio playback

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 00:21:39 UTC 2011

Hi

On 10 April 2011 09:48, Scott Macdonell <genius9976 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> FYI to those experiencing this problem. I tried using mythnuv2mkv and a user job
> instead of mythtranscode, thinking that might work. It caused the same problems
> with 6 channel audio. So... if anyone else had that idea... don't waste your
> time. It seems like it was also calling mythtranscode the userjob just calls
> mythtranscode.
>
> Also, will these fixes end up in the rpmfusion packages or atrpms packages
> before too long? I've never used trunk or anything like that, but if it's going
> to be a long time it might be worth it to me to figure it out

For a fix to appear, it needs to be fixed first.

For a fix to be found, the problem has to be able to be reproduced by
a dev. This is done by people providing samples, arguments on how
mythtranscode is called and logs.

So far I'm yet to read anything that could be helpful in any ways.
It's always : it doesn't work. It's messed up. I'm using mythtranscode
default etc etc...

While this is the case, no fix will be worked on.