[mythtv-users] 'Good stuff' v 'everyday' storage setup

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sun Apr 10 01:45:56 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Harry Coin <hcoin at quietfountain.com> wrote:
> Thanks all for the replies!  I'll also set up a simple RAID mirror for
> the videos and higher value things. I hope to add the ability to set up
> a 'hot swap' or 'hot plug' drive port on the RAID mirror, so that when
> any drive is plugged in there, the software will automagically sync
> everything from the 'important archive' to it, then pop up a 'done'
> message when it can be safely removed.
>
> Is there a way so that MythVideoExport.py script could be set up as a
> simple option on the regular menu?  That is, capable of being launched
> from the basic remote control along with the usual options to do with
> managing a recording?    As I read the choices there on the script
> appears it calls for a keyboard interaction to do properly.  Yes?
>
> Thanks again
>
> Harry Coin

It can be called as a User Job like so:
/usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythvidexport.py %JOBID%

(the path is for Ubuntu, and will probably be different on your own machine)

Use mythvidexport.py --helpformat to get an explanation of the format
strings. Once the format strings are set once using the --mformat and
--tformat options, they're saved for all future runs.

- Chris