[mythtv-users] MythTV Does Not See PVR-250 - Must Fix Before Wife Returns!

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 22:52:52 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> wrote:
> On 4/10/2011 3:34 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 6:28 PM, Rob Smith<kormoc at mythtv.org>  wrote:

>>> The official one does as well with a properly configured kernel. He'll
>>> have the same issue with your build.
>>>
>> To be honest I did not use the in kernel ivtv because I needed to use
>> the media-build git sources from linuxtv.org to get my lirc to work. I
>> am using gentoo-sources-2.6.38-r1 kernel and a few ivtv cards and I
>> built mythtv from the overlay last week. All works with out any
>> problems at all.
>
> Oh boy.  I need lirc too.  Does this mean I'm going to have to do something
> else "special" to get lirc working with my Hauppauge remote?  I just assumed
> that it wasn't working because myth didn't see it.

I just needed that because my irblaster was not supported by the
current kernel. The fix was just recently placed in the git and went
into 2.6.39-rc1. I am sorry for any confusion I have caused. I am not
sure how to fix your kernel settings because I have not used the in
kernel ivtv driver for years. I was using the v4l-dvb-hg ebuild which
supplied the ivtv driver however it quit compiling at 2.6.38. The
media-builds was actually pretty easy but there is no ebuild.

I have to go for now (dinner with the wife) if you do not figure this
out I may be able to help with the media-builds if you want to try
that direction..

John