[mythtv-users] OT: Myth backend, XBMC with MythBox add-on?

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Mon Apr 11 05:12:40 UTC 2011

Mike Dent wrote:
> Hi,
> I've recently purchased a Apple TV 2g, version 2 etc.
> I've installed XBMC on to this.
> I've installed the MythBox http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/ add-on
>
> In order to setup MythBox it requires the recordings directories on
> the backend be mounted on the Apple TV, herein lies my problem? :)
> I have exported my recordings directories from the backend, I can
> connect to these fine from a PC etc.
>
> Any pointers how I mount SMB shares to my Apple TV?
> Thanks
> Mi

Hi,

My daughter moved away with the ATV, so I have no idea if these links
will help/work:

http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Mount_a_Remote_Drive_via_SMBFS

http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Mount_a_Remote_Drive_via_NFS

If you are not looking for full frontend functionality, you could try
the internal XBMC mythtv:// protocol support by adding the backend as a
XBMC video source. This page has a good writeup.
http://adamhaeder.com/wordpress/2010/01/19/how-to-configure-xbmc-as-a-mythtv-frontend
. Since you already have XBMC installed, skip down to the paragraph that
starts "Go into the Videos section and select ‘Add Source’ from the
menu" and continue at that point.

HTH,
Alan