[mythtv-users] Is tv_grab_uk_rt working for anybody?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:42:52 UTC 2011

On 11 April 2011 14:51, Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I try to get xmltv to work with Radio Times. I followed the instructions from
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Uk_xmltv, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> tv_grab_uk_rt --list-channels gives me a list of channels in XML format. So far so good, the service seems to be up.
> Then I ran tv_grab_uk_rt --configure, confirmed the default settings apart from my postcode and the TV platform and copied the config file to ~/.mythtv/uk_rt.xmltv

Do you have a video source configured called "uk_rt"?

> The xmltv ids I entered into my channel table by using the updateid script from http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_id.php
>
> Now, when I run mythfilldatabase I get the following error(s)
>
> 2011-04-11 14:46:30.878 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
> XMLTV requires a Date::Manip timezone of +0000 to work properly.
> Current Date::Manip timezone is 1.
> 2011-04-11 14:46:32.767 FillData, Error: xmltv returned error code 65280
> 2011-04-11 14:46:32.767 Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
>
> I googled for the error 65280 and only found posts where somebody mentions that the service was down. But since
> tv_grab_uk_rt --list-channels works, it looks like the problem lies somewhere else.
>
> I'm running 0.24+fixes from the Mythbuntu autobuild repos. If reqiured I can post the whole output from mythfilldatabase and my uk_rt.xmltv...

I've not seen any recent reports of the grabber not working.

Note that the current stable release of XMLTV is 0.5.59, and that
there were timezone check issues with earlier XMLTV versions (pre
0.5.57) and some early 6.0x versions of the Date::Manip Perl library
that XMLTV uses.

It would be helpful if you could run the grabber manually from the
command prompt (in non-quiet mode) and provide the library versioning
info printed at the start of the STDERR output to check the versions
of the core and other important libraries that XMLTV uses.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott