[mythtv-users] hours to edit channels?

Fa fayoeu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 23:00:46 UTC 2011

I am going through this pain right now with my hdhomerun box.  I got some
more channels and now I have to rescan.

There are a few pain points:
1.  scanning isn't predictable.  I find some scans are missing channels that
I need and had in a prior scan.
2.  Having to match the channel to the XMLTV is slow since it takes a few
secs to tune, with over 80 channels, it will take a few hours.
3.  Why is the channel editor outside of the myth frontend?  I wish you
could tune and change it right in the frontend guide.
4.  That delete button which deletes all channels on the channel editor page
is just a nightmare, I clicked on it and had to restore my db and lost hours
of work.

I dread every time I need to rescan.