[mythtv-users] 0.24 Mac OS X Build

TJ Harris tjharris at weaselworkz.com
Thu Apr 14 15:38:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 8:51 AM, TJ Harris <tjharris at weaselworkz.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Nigel Pearson <nigel at ind.tansu.com.au> wrote:
>
> Both my Mini and my MBP have Nvidia video.    Although, I do have an
> older MBP which I think has a Radeon GPU.  I'll give that a try to see
> if it behaves any differently there (which would be interesting, but
> not helpful unless it helps to narrow the problem down.. I think Mac
> Mini is the primary MythTV platform of interest).

I tried a new MythFrontend (0.24 build from sourceforge, dated April
9th, 2011) on my old MacBook Pro with a Radeon GPU, and found that
both 1080i and 720p playback was completely smooth.

I then tried the same build on my much more powerful 17" MBP with
Nvidia GPU, and had the "dropping frames" issue with 720p playback.

So, it seems to be a combination of factors, including the GPU
(nvidia) and possibly the content (other people have reported the same
behavior with 720p channels in the San Francisco Bay Area, not sure
about other 720p channels).