[mythtv-users] MythTV Does Not See PVR-250 - Must Fix Before Wife Returns!

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Fri Apr 15 13:06:53 UTC 2011

On 11-04-15 12:05 AM, Dave Sp wrote:

> After just now doing a "git pull" of 0.24/fixes and applying the patch from
> "https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mythtv/+bug/717717/+attachment/1931713/+files/mythtv-v4l2-fix.patch",
> I am now able to access my PVR-500 as when I was using kernel 2.6.32.  (I was
> not able to use it before applying the patch.)
>
> So the above patch is A Good Thing.  My two cents.

That patch should not be necessary if you have pulled the latest 0.24/fixes code,
because the patch contents appear to already be in 0.24/fixes.

I build mythtv-0.24/fixes from source here, and use kernel 2.6.28.2 (also from
source),
and do not need the patch.  My PVR-250 works as well as ever without the patch.

Cheers