[mythtv-users] LIRC and MythBuntu 10.10

David Linville dlinvill at networksdown.com
Fri Apr 15 15:32:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Greg Hormann
<ghormann at alumni.indiana.edu>wrote:

> This is exactly myth related, but it is such a knowledgeable community....
>
> I just seem to have no luck with LIRC blasting.  I have an HD-PVR and
> initially setup HD-PVR to perform the blasting via lirc_zilog.
> (Followed the procedure outlined in
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR#HD-PVR_Driver_Compilation_Howto
> ).
>  Unfortunately, the HD-PVR would lockup after a while with the
> lirc_zilog loaded.  With the module unloaded, it seems fine.  (Too
> bad, because ir blasting and the remote seemed to work fine!)

I had luck on 10.04 (LTS) installing an 2.6.38 kernel from some kind of ppa
backport and using the lirc_zilog with a module option to only do transmit.
I did not update lirc.

The 2.6.38 upgrade was required just to get the never version hd-pvr
working.

The transmit only module option removed the errors from dmesg and I have
been running this way for over 3 weeks with no errors or missed changes.

David