[mythtv-users] LIRC and MythBuntu 10.10

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Apr 16 18:04:25 UTC 2011

On Apr 16, 2011, at 9:43 AM, Greg Hormann wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> Well, if its *just* a small patch for lirc_serial, it might have a
>> better shot than the much more involved imon fixes I asked them to
>> take in. Then again, Ubuntu 11.04 ought to be released Real Soon
>> Now, and should have a fully functional lirc_serial. Or not. It
>> looks like that fix went in post-2.6.37, and 11.04 is shipping with
>> a 2.6.37.x-based kernel. So it would seem a 2.6.37.x stable tree
>> backport of that patch is probably in order. Sigh. I think there
>> are probably a few others I should send to the 37 stable tree to
>> head off another 6 months of already-fixed IR issue reports from
>> Ubuntu users...
>>

> I also tried the latest lirc_serial.ko via media build.  Found another
> "common" error.  Googling doesn't provide a solution that appears to
> work for my situation.  There are some new messages in dmesg, but I
> thought they might just be debugging code.
>
> ghormann at tvServer:/usr/local/bin$ sudo ./change_sa_chan.sh 123
> irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE SA4250 1
> irsend: hardware does not support sending
> irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE SA4250 2
> irsend: hardware does not support sending
> irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE SA4250 3

If you enabled it building the same way you did lirc_zilog, but didn't
add CONFIG_LIRC_SERIAL_TRANSMITTER=y, then you probably only built it
with RX support.

I forgot to mention that if you want to build the lirc staging bits, you
need to do a 'make stagingconfig' in the root of the media_build source,
which should have taken care of that automatically, I think. However, I
don't know why we don't just always build in TX support, I should remove
that config option...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com