[mythtv-users] 0.23-1 vs 0.24 audio question

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 20:19:09 UTC 2011

I'm still running 0.23-1 under Gentoo.  From what I read there was a
significant audio re-write in 0.24.

I've noticed one very odd thing for a very long time and was curious
if this was typical of what others have seen, and what may have
changed in 0.24.

I record entirely OTA HD (New York stations).  Almost all my
recordings tend to show two audio tracks: English AC3 2 channel, and
Spanish Castillian AC3 2 channel.  The Spanish track is never actually
Spanish, but rather another English track.  Oddly enough however, it's
usually a bit louder seems to have the dialog more upfront.   Often I
actually use that because it's easier to hear dialog.

What's all that about?

In addition, I've also noticed that audio levels of most any XVID avi
files I play tend to be WAY louder than my recordings...enough so that
if I forget to turn down before playing one it about blows you out of
the room.

Is some/most/all of this similar to what others have seen pre-0.24,
and what's changed?

Thanks!
Tom