[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect timing out during Mythfilldatabase

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 21:00:11 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 3:32 PM, DeKay <dekaymail at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am on Arch but didn't upgrade to MySQL 5.5 yet.  And I'm 100% sure
> it isn't MySQL, though it was my first suspicion and had to rule that
> out.  I did some earlier debugging where I turned on all the
> mythfilldatabase debugging.  The database ops between file gets are
> fast: it is getting the file that takes forever.  The file gets and
> database operations don't overlap either: a slow database operation
> wouldn't time out the wget operation.
>
> And I've posted this to the SD support forum, though my message is
> sitting in moderation right now.

Thanks, good info. Try this:

1) start mythfilldatabase in a terminal. but pause it part way through
(Ctl-Z).

2) cp /tmp/mythtv_ddp_*/mythtv_post_* /tmp/soap to grab a copy of the SOAP
file before it is deleted

3) wget --http-user=username --http-passwd=password --post-file=/tmp/soap
http://webservices.schedulesdirect.tmsdatadirect.com/schedulesdirect/tvlistings/xtvdService--user-agent=MythTV/0.24.20101129-1.v0.24-232-g464fa28-dirty
--output-document=/tmp/datadirect.gz --header=Accept-Encoding:gzip

This should confirm that grabbing the file for you is slow and
mythfilldatabase is not at fault.