[mythtv-users] SchedulesDirect timing out during Mythfilldatabase

DeKay dekaymail at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 13:43:29 UTC 2011

Further investigation shows that my earlier assumptions were all
wrong.  The database insertions ARE happening in the middle of
download.  The insertions are slow compared to the gzipped download so
the download ends up pausing.  Things time out once the insertions
catch up and the download tries to resume again.

This raises the question as to why the insertions are so slow in the
first place.  I'm suspecting it is ext4 journaling and a known bug in
my current kernel.  I'd like to upgrade but, of course, I have a
conflict with the nvidia drivers right now and can't.

So I think I'll go down the xmltv road.  If there is a  good writeup
describing how to set this up, I'd appreciate a pointer to it.  I've
looked in the xmltv and myth wikis and haven't found anything that
ties the two together really well.

Thanks for all the help so far with a very frustrating problem.