[mythtv-users] tuners free? boot me off anyway

Matt Harrison iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com
Mon Apr 18 23:20:52 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I've got a myth box with 2 dual DVB-T tuners.

After a lof of messing around with kworld rubbish I managed to get all
my tuners working fine. This problem has happened from day 1 but I
always assumed it was due to the faulty tuner I had before.

If I'm wating live tv and a recording is about to start, I will get the
box giving me 3 options (watch & record, go to menu, cancel) even though
there are 3 other tuners totally idle.

If I want to carry on watching, I have to go back to the main menu, wait
for the countdown to stop (in my head -- no display available) and then
start live tv again. Of course, it will have put me on another channel
so I will have to fiddle.

Why can'y mythtv see that tuner0 is in use and automatically use the
next available tuner for the recording? All 4 tuners pick up exactly the
same programmes.

Is this my fault? I'd love to know :)

Thanks