[mythtv-users] Loud pop/crackle sound during playback

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 14:53:02 UTC 2011

Since upgrading to myth 24, I've had a couple of instances where a
very loud pop/crackle sound comes from my speakers in the middle of
playback.  It's only happened a few times, but it quite disturbing
when it does.

I'm using ALSA with HDMI audio out with AC3 passthrough to my receiver
when this occurs.  This has happened with a couple different shows now
- one was recorded OTA via a HDHR and the other via a HD-PVR.  I
always run with -v audio enabled, but I'm not seeing anything logged
when it occurs

I'm currently running myth 24-fixes from a few weeks back although it
happened with prior versions of myth 24-fixes as well.  I can't that
it's myth's "fault" at this point - although the timing does coincide
with my upgrade to 24.  Curious to see if others have had this issue
or any suggestions.  Or if there have been changes in 24 where this
situation was muted/suppressed in the past?

Thanks
Dave