[mythtv-users] everyday i have to make sure myth worked the day before

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 20:42:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was hoping you were on to something, but I am on current trunk as of
> ten minutes ago, and it still hangs the master backend when the slave
> is connected. Should I update the ticket?

That's a different symptom than seen in that ticket. Crash != hang.  What
we'd need to determine what is going on is for you to run a debug build and
attach to it when hung (using gdb) and get full backtrace of all threads.

Things that are deadlocked or otherwise hung tend to be a lot harder to
diagnose than crashes.