[mythtv-users] Getting DVB Tuner To Tune In

MH Acct mh_acct2 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 22 18:50:59 UTC 2011

Jim Morton <Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com> wrote

On 4/22/2011 11:04 AM, MH Acct wrote:
> Hi folks, I'm having trouble getting my tuner USB stick to tune in, and I was wondering if you could give me any pointers, please?  We have an existing digital box connected and we can receive a signal OK on that, but when I try to get my MythTV to set up its tuning I get nothing.  My stick is a Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-T DVB-T digital freeview USB TV Tuner Stick
> http://www.ebuyer.com/product/113962

>You may have already seen this but if not there is a lot of info here -
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500
Thanks for that, I think I may have got a bit further with this now I'm back home - changing transmitters to what I thought should be the local one, rather than the one that the websites specify and using that in scan seems to pick up stations, so I think (gtg out now) when I have more time tomorrow I should be in business.
Thx for your help - MH