[mythtv-users] SOLVED: Re: Slow audio start

Naoyuki Tai ntai at smartfruit.com
Fri Apr 22 19:15:11 UTC 2011

Thank you for the reply.

I've switched using from "/dev/dsp" to "alsa,default" (<-- not quite
accurate but something like that), and the audio start up
delay is gone.

Requesting to open "/dev/dsp" is apparently very slow on my setup.
I kinda remember that "acquire the device only when it needs" kind of
option, so turning it off may have solved the problem.

-- Tai