[mythtv-users] ffmpeg errors

Matt Harrison iwasinnamuknow at genestate.com
Sun Apr 24 19:41:32 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I record programs from USB DVB-T tuners.

I like to archive them by re-encoding them with ffmpeg
(libx264/matroska/libfaac). This works really well for 99% of recordings
but occasionally I get one that just won't play ball. It give's lots of
messages when encoding which I don't understand. The result is that I
can't finish the encode. I've attached a sample of the messages.

I've tried re-encoding to mpeg2/mp2 (the format of the original videos)
and a pile of other formats in order to get my final encode to run
correctly, but the result is either another failure, or a massively
inflated filesize (the mpeg4/avi won't let me set the bitrate so runs at
8x what I want).

Has anyone got any ideas what I can do to get these files into shape? I
can supply the options for my final encode to x264 if necessary.

Thanks