[mythtv-users] HD-PVR power cycling

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 17:28:59 UTC 2011

I'm considering producing a nice little USB dongle to power on/off the
HD-PVR in the times that it decides to misbehave for whatever reason.  I was
wondering:

How many people would be interested in getting one?  I don't know the cost
yet, but I will look into that over the next few days.

The biggest concern at this time is finding matching power plugs such that
there would be no cutting of power cables required.  Other than that, it's
basically a relay and USB glue.  I would be writing the script to drive it
as well.  If anyone with an HD-PVR has a micrometer and can measure the
barrel size and pin size, it would make the power plug selection a lot
simpler.

So, how much interest would there be?