[mythtv-users] 0.24 Mac OS X Build

Michael S. Keller samsara at tulsaconnect.com
Tue Apr 26 03:37:45 UTC 2011

On 3/28/11 5:42 AM, Andre wrote:

> On 26 Mar 2011, at 16:08, Michael S. Keller wrote:

>>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html
>
> A long time Apple Developer friend tells me the only way to get them to pay attention is to find a way in which your bug is a security risk! I always thought they ignored such things but he claims they jump if you mention security these days.
>
> Apparently even buying the relevant Apple guys lunch doesn't work any more!

I was pointed to a potential solution, which has worked well enough in
an evening of testing that I'm going to subject my internal OS disk to it:

Update to 10.6.7, let it install all its normal updates beyond that,
then overwrite the GeForce* and NVDA* kexts in
/System/Library/Extensions/ from the 2011 MBP-specific 10.6.7 update
(requires extracting the kexts from the install package (I used
Pacifist), as the disk image's own installer will balk at other models).
I then booted in Safe Mode to get the kext cache fixed up, then booted
normally and my combination of MythTV and other acceleration-dependent
software was smooth on dual displays.

Maybe this will work for you, too.

-Michael