[mythtv-users] RAID: full disk or partition (was: Question re: available SATA ports and linux software RAID)

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 13:30:57 UTC 2011

I have had the same issues you are facing.  Took me more than a week to resolve.

Initially used mdadm with the full disk, then changed to a partition.  Mdadm was confused like you describe.  You need to upgrade your mdadm version to 3.1.4.  I tried the zero-superblock option, using dd on the first part of the disk, nothing worked until I upgraded mdadm.

Craig