[mythtv-users] on-screen text messages and Caller ID?

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 23:21:22 UTC 2011

I picked up a new Android phone (LG G2X) last week.  I'm running:

MythTV Version   : 27077
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 23056
Library API      : 0.23.1.201000710-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3

I was watching a recorded show today, and saw an overlaid text message
pop up.  Without thinking, I figured it was coming through my cable
box (I have Comcast phone and cable).  I checked my phone a few
minutes later, though, and noticed that I'd just received the text
message.  On a whim, I dialed my cell phone, and caller ID information
popped up on-screen.  Very odd!  I checked the frontend logs while
this was happening, and there was no reference to it.

Could this be a function of the DLNA features of the phone?  How does
MythTV know to display these?