[mythtv-users] SBE's mythjobqueue preventing MBE idleness

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Apr 28 13:57:53 UTC 2011

Per another thread, I have stopped the mythbackend process on my
tuner-less SBE (it's only supposed to lend it's CPU cycles to
commflagging) since it's an unsupported configuration and instead
started mythjobqueue (with -v most for interest's sake).

The problem is that it seems to be keeping the MBE from going into
idle-shutdown (i.e. suspend) mode.  Since starting mythjobqueue my
backend has not gone into idle mode yet within less than a second of
stopping mythjobqueue it started it's idle processing:

On the SBE:

2011-04-28 09:51:14.975 JobQueue: GetJobsInQueue: Ignore 'Flag
Commercials' Job for chanid 1045 @ 20110428073000 in Finished state.
^C

On the MBE:

2011-04-28 09:51:41.316 I'm idle now... shutdown will occur in 300 seconds.

Yes, the MBE's timestamp is .6 of a second earlier than the SBE.  Well
within the margin of error for this network AFAIC.

Is this a known limitation of mythjobqueue?

b.