[mythtv-users] Mythtv and DVBT-2

Fredrik Hallgarde mythtv at tedde.nu
Fri Apr 29 09:31:05 UTC 2011

David Watkins skrev 2011-04-28 16:11:
> I've had HDTV available in my area via DVBT2 for at least a year now,
> so I've been keeping a weather eye on the availability of DVBT-2
> tuners for Linux to add to my Mythtv Setup.
>
> I recently came across this
>
> 2011-04-07 Antti Palosaari Add support for PCTV nanoStick T2 290e
> [2013:024f] pctv_290e
>
> here
>
> http://git.linuxtv.org/anttip/media_tree.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pctv_290e
>
> Could someone who understands more than me about linux tv comment on
> what this means in terms of getting this device running under mythtv?

Hi,

I think (but could be wrong) that the most up to date information about
the most promising DVB-T2 device can be found here:
http://stevekerrison.com/290e/

As the latest post reads Steve and Antti are working together and have
experimental support going.
"13th April 2011

Well, I've watched some channels from a T2 mux in VLC on Linux.
Fantastic! A big thanks to Antti for his efforts. Now begins the process
of figuring out how to integrate DVB-T2 support into the linux-media
framework. I'm formulating some ideas and will post them to the mailing
list to seek counsel before trying them out."

I would imagine that buying a 290e device and testing the code found in
git would be helpful.
However, until the driver provides the interface (API) that MythTV use
it will not be usable in MythTV, but as you can see from the pages
linked, there is progress.

Further info about DVB-T2 devices (currently unsupported):
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T2_USB_Devices
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T2_PCIe_Cards

Fredrik