[mythtv-users] Switching to WOW (Wide Open West), a Report

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Apr 29 12:50:37 UTC 2011

I was hoping my previous post would get some people to try out WOW.
Glad you are enjoying the transition. My experience with them has
always been great. When I was with comcast, it always seemed like the
guys that came out were pretty clueless to technology outside of the
specific things they had been trained to setup. WOW installers, on the
other hand, have always been pretty knowledgeable, most of them at
least having a basic understanding of what linux is (even if they
don't have direct experience with it), and most of them are willing to
chat it up on tech topics while doing the install. I get the sense
that their installers really enjoy working for WOW much more than the
other companies (since most installers are just contractors who work
for whichever company has work for them this week).

> Now I'm just eagerly awaiting the HDHomerun Prime so I can rent a
> cablecard and subscribe to the basic HD channels.

Same here...well, either that or or for Ceton support in a myth
release. I'm not yet sure which one I'd prefer. They both have their
upsides and downsides. In the end, I'll probably just take whichever
one comes first.

--
Ron