[mythtv-users] VFD/LCD doesn't display current menu selection anymore.

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Aug 1 13:07:23 UTC 2011

On 7/31/11 2:34 PM, Greg Grotsky wrote:
> I have the "Display Menus" option selected in the lcd option menu but
> my vfd doesn't display the selected menu option any more.  It still
> displays the recording status and time, etc. just not the current menu
> selection when a button is pressed on the remote (with timeout).  This
> used to work and the functionality broke a few months ago.  Just
> upgraded to today's git head/master and it still doesn't work, just
> wondering if this was intentional and if others are experiencing this
> as well.

You might want to check the display size, as set in LCDproc, to be sure
it matches what your hardware is actually capable of. It's possible that
a system upgrade could have mucked with the setting, and it's returning
incorrect info to MFE. In that case, MFE could be trying to show text on
lines that don't actually exist on the hardware.

I don't use the menu location setting, so I can't attest as to whether
or not it's a MFE issue. What I do use (recording/playback status,
date/time) works fine.