[mythtv-users] Logitech Revue (Google TV) is now $99 and will run Honeycomb, any good?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Aug 1 18:58:21 UTC 2011

On 8/1/2011 14:02, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 17:08, Matt Emmott<memmott at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> ..... So far I can't find out what GPU they're using to get 1080p output.
> The CE4150 has a 400Mhz GPU based on the powervr SGX535,
> and has hardware decoding of the usual suspects (i.e. MPEG-2,
> VC-1, H.264, etc.), but last I looked, the linux SDK was not
> publically downloadable (you needed to sign a licensing agreement).

The SGX535 is the same graphics core that powers the old GMA500 chipset
that VAAPI was originally written for.  In theory, you should be able to
install standard Linux on the system, install the proper drivers, and it
would function similarly to a Fit-PC2i.  A couple of devs got free units
near the beginning of the year to investigate potential use for MythTV,
but the system was simply too locked down to make a go at it.