[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 21:17:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> awesome, I think then it's time to get one while the discount is still
>>> available.
>>>

>> I have had fun today running to a couple different local offices hunting for
>> a CableCard with none to be had.  I even called 1-800-COMCAST a couple times
>> to complain.  I just received a phone call that they are going to send me a
>> "Network Interface Card" in the mail (3-5 business days).  I expect to have
>> it before the weekend, but what exactly are they sending?  My guess is that
>> is it won't be a CableCard.  I am still going to keep stopping in the local
>> offices until I get my "NIC" in the mail.  This should be interesting.
>>
>> -Tom
>
> Tom, I went in this morning, they said they did not have any of the
> self install kits, but the guy grabbed a card off the shelf and
> printed out the self install instructions from his computer for me.
> Perhaps you should ask at one of your local offices?
>
> I think I was lucky I got someone that knew what CableCard's were, the
> other lady there didn't and was asking us all sorts of questions about
> them, so it's probably very hit-miss if you get someone that knows.
>
> I'm currently on hold to activate mine...

well, Comcast seems to be having issues validating my card.

Card Authorization: Not Validated, Binding Authentication Complete,
Validation Message not received yet.

I've received a channel map, and I can tune the ClearQAM channels, but
nothing yet for cable channels. The issue has been escalated and some
folks in their "tech" department (I forgot what they called it) have
been in touch. They know of the Ceton card but it's been a few hours
with no change...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!