[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Tue Aug 2 13:14:29 UTC 2011

Lee McLaren wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone concidered the possibility that that the problem may be with the unlying OS and not mythtv?

I have mentioned before, a friend of mine who's mythtv system I look after is having the same problem. He is running .23.
When I went to investigate which update cause the problem, I noticed that I had not configured the updater correctly and he has not updated mythtv at all, only the OS.

Details a few pages back if you want to refresh your memory.

best regards

Lee

Yes I am pretty sure it is not related to the underlying OS.

In my case I only upgraded my main MythTV BE/FE from 0.23 to 0.24 in May.
Before upgrade I did not have this problem. Immediately after upgrading to 0.24 I noticed the pauses.
As far as I can see I only have the pauses when a recording starts or stops.
The upgrade was made on OpenSUSE 11.2 and only the MythTV packages were changed. I have since upgraded the OS to OpenSUSE 11.3 and still have the problem.

I also have a secondary combined BE/FE that I upgraded from 0.23 to 0.24 shortly after the 0.24 release.
This system is not much used now but from the upgrade to 0.24 until end of March I used it periodically but did not see any pauses.

Jens