[mythtv-users] Ceton and HVR-2250

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 18:25:53 UTC 2011

Hello All,

Is anyone successfully running an Ceton InfiniTV 4 alongside a Hauppauge
HVR-2250?  I have been having a heck of a time getting this to work.  I have
tried multiple video cards and motherboards of different brands and
chipsets.  The system boots fine upon installation with both cards in the
system, but when I copy the HVR-2250 fireware to /lib/firmware and sudo make
install the Ceton kernel extension?, the system will no longer fully boot.
I am running a fresh install of Mythbuntu 11.04.  It is an AM3 processor.  I
have tried both AMD and NVIDIA chipset motherboards.  Both these cards ran
just fine individually within Mythbuntu 11.04, but not together.  The
display never comes up with both installed with firmware.  I am able to
ctrl-alt-f1 to get to a prompt, but I can't seem to find any errors in the
logs.  I am at a loss of what to look for or try.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom