[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Tue Aug 2 20:04:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if it's not worth going to the last firmware that sounds
> like it worked fine, until a new one can be released that may
> hopefully fix this issue?

Well, the older firmware had the issue too. That's what prompted me to
do a major rewrite on the tuning code a few weeks before I released
the first code for it. It's just that the older firmware would fail in
a different manner and I'd catch it later in the process. Now when it
fails, the status flags are a bit different and it was a little harder
to detect at first. My time window for identifying this issue was too
small. Now that I've increased the timing window, it actually seems to
work just as well so far.

> it sounds more like a really large band aid for a cut
> that won't coagulate.
> I will also submit a ticket with them about the issue.

I've already contacted them. They aren't familiar with the issue.
They've given me access to the beta firmware which has more debugging
info and asked me to recreate the problem with it and send them the
logs. I'll give that a try either tonight or tomorrow.

They've also confirmed that the DRI interface would be handled with
the same code, so it shouldn't make a difference if I switched...I'd
almost certainly hit the same issue.

--
Ron Frazier