[mythtv-users] Foxtel

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:48:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Paul Buchanan <paul.buchanan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to configure Myth for connection to Foxtel in Australia?
> If so, can someone point me to a setup guide?
> Thanks in advance

You give zero information other than the word Foxtel.

however wikipedia tells me:

"Foxtel is an Australian pay television company, operating cable,
direct broadcast satellite television and IPTV services. It was formed
in 1995 through a joint venture established between Telstra and News
Corporation."

So which service do you want to connect to, assuming Rupert is able to
stay in business?

Probably the cable and sat are encrypted, in which case you need a STB
and an analogue capture card, like a pvr150/250/350/500 for SD or a
HDPVR for HD.

Shepherd seems to offer the best EPG in Oz.

Hope that is enough to get you started :)