[mythtv-users] Strange Ceton issues.

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Aug 4 13:35:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> I run 8GB under Mageia 32bit.
>
> I've enabled the PAE extensions

Well, PAE has it's own set of issues, and the drivers still have to
support it, so I'm not sure that helps matters. Here we are talking
about hardware that doesn't have bug-free 64-bit DMA support, then
Doug says "that's why I run 32-bit", and then you say "enable PAE",
and now we've practically come full circle. If the hardware misbehaves
with 64-bit, why would you believe it's PAE support is necessarily any
better? Given the choice between 64-bit and PAE, I'd rather take my
chances with 64-bit

--
Ron Frazier