[mythtv-users] Strange Ceton issues.

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Aug 4 14:50:27 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> why would you believe it's PAE support is necessarily any
>> better?
>
> Because I've been running it for years on different platforms without issue.

You've been running a Ceton card for years? Impressive.

I know what you meant, and it's great that you haven't hit any
problematic hardware in PAE mode, but more than likely that hardware
you used would have worked just as well in 64-bit too. My point was
that the Ceton in particular had an issue in 64-bit, and I don't think
there's necessarily any reason to think that it wouldn't have just as
much an issue in PAE mode. In fact, these days I would think a company
would be more likely to have caught and ironed out a 64-bit bug than
they would a PAE bug.

--
Ron Frazier